Monday, January 12, 2015

Gameboys and a few Saturn games

Its been a little while since I updated anything here in the mean time I worked on fixing a few gameboys that I had picked up awhile back. Most needed to have there screens repaired and I took the opportunity to wash and clean the cases and buttons so I spent a few hours going though them.
Last week I found that the Saturn section of Mandarake had got some new games in. Being that the Saturn is my favorite console this always makes me very happy to see. I didnt really get any great deals this time but the prices were still good. I picked up 2 copies of Strikers 1945 II ($32 each), Keio Flying Squadron 2 ($56), Dodonpachi ($20), Street Fighter Zero ($1), Stellar Assault SS ($59) and Astra Superstars ($61). So I spent a lot of money but got some good stuff there all of which was about half of what I would have to pay on eBay out of all those games I was actually most excited to get Dodonpachi as I really love that games music and game play.
Then today I went back to the same store and picked up Kirby 3 in the box but no instructions ($10) on the Super Famicom, Street Fighter Zero 3 ($4) for the Playstation which completes the set of 1,2,3 on the PS for me. I found Picross in the box ($2) for the Gameboy, I have Picross 2 in the box so I was happy to get that one.
Finally I picked up Battle Garegga ($102) on the Saturn, it seems like a lot of money I know but this game is about $250 to $300 on eBay so I feel it was a good price. In the past I have seen this game at this store but they were asking about $300 for it. This copy does have a slight crease on the instructions but its hardly noticeable when its in the case.
They also had a Skeleton (clear) Saturn in the box they were asking $65 which was tempting and a really good price considering it goes for around $400 to $700 on eBay. If I had more money with me and didnt already own a boxed Skeleton Saturn I would have picked this up, there was also the issue of carrying it around for an hour or so that I had to kill. Also shipping consoles is a pain so yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment