Monday, November 17, 2014

This blog has been created as a supplement to my other blog Living Japanese, here on Living Japanese G.E. I will focus only on gaming related info. Any new games I pick up or any new repair or modification projects I do will be posted here. So with that said lets get started with a few items I picked up.

A few weeks ago I won an auction for a bunch of "junk" Game Boys after getting them in I noticed that while all will need new screen lenses and almost all will need the vertical screen repaired it was a pretty good pick up. All the Game Boys had the battery cover and link cable cover which was a nice bonus.
There was also a green "play it loud" series model and the main reason I was interested was that one of them was the clear model from that same series.
Last week I was out and picked up a few Saturn games, first at Book Off I found Hang On GP 95 ($1) and Virtua Fighter Remix ($5) normally I would have passed on that game because one, Ill never play it and two, you can find it everywhere that said this was the more rare Sega Net version so I picked it up.
Then a few days later I was at Mandarake and was able to find two copies of Darius II ($6 each), Shin Shinobi Den ($2), Assault Suit Leynos 2 ($3), Dragon Force II ($6) its a shame this one never made it to the west I loved the first game and I also picked up Sega Outrun ($21) which I paid a little bit more than I normally would for a game but it was still a good deal.
 I also grabbed some Famicom games while I was there. The best games I found was a copy of Layla ($10) and a copy of Gun Nac ($6), which is an awesome shooter.  I also found another Super Mario USA ($4) which had a decent price, Ducktales ($6), Gradius ($6) and Abadox ($10).
 The only thing on the Super Famicom I picked up was two copies of The King of Dragons, the first one I found at Book Off ($6) and the other at Mandrake ($12). The second copy was twice as much but that game is worth it and will help feed the bank so I can buy more games. Lastly I also picked up a US version of NBA Jam ($1) for the original Game Boy.
So thats all for this post but I will have a full recap of the recent Sega Mega Drive (Genesis in the USA) modification project I finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment