Friday, February 6, 2015

End Labels

So my latest project has been making end labels for my Super Famicom carts. I have no idea why enables were not included on SFC carts however not all Famicom games had end labels, seems at that point it was up to the game producer to decide if they wanted to include the end label. On both the Super Famicom and N64 in Japan had a unified look and sadly no end label.

So anyway I decided that my SFC cart collection was getting rather large and I wanted a way to find a game quickly without pulling out every single cart saying "no, no, no, nope, no, mmm, no, no, ahhh finally!". I decided that I would make the label fit between the two style lines on the cart and only sit on top of the upper half of the shell that way if I needed to replace the back for any reason (cracking or discoloration) I would be able to do so. I took the measurements of the space I was going to use and entered it into Illustrator CS6. I wanted it to look pretty official so I put the SFC logo on the left side and the Nintendo logo on the right.

After I made a few I printed them out and used some 3M Super 77 spray adhesive to apply the labels. I was not sure if the spray would really work that good but it was really effective with no side effects (bleed though etc). Its been about a week or so and I have made some more labels and the ones that I had already put on are as secure as day one so all is good on that front. I really happy with how it turned out as finding games is a breeze now.
I also picked up a few new games, on the Saturn I got Sonic R ($3), on the N64 I got Yuke-yuke! Trouble Makers ($3) and on the Famicom I got Pajama Hero Nemo ($5).
For the Game Boy I got Hatena? no Daibouken ($1), Rockman World 4 ($5), Pachinko Seiyuuki ($1), Ducktales 2 ($3) and Tiny Toon Adventures 2 ($3).
Finally on the Super Famicom I grabbed another copy of Cotton 100% ($5), Magical Drop 2 ($3), Smash T.V. ($10) and Axelay ($10) I have all ready added the end labels those last two.

5 comments:

  1. Wow those end labels look amazing. I collect SFC too (and PAL SNES games) and have been wondering for a while how to make good end labels. Would you mind providing a template?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would also be interested in a template for the SFC end labels. They look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woulf you mind sharing the template? im also collecting Super Famicom since American prices are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay up.

    ReplyDelete